Friday, June 22, 2007

How do you work this thing?

Ive finally bitten the bullet and decided to get my thoughts down onto paper, or whatever the hell this is considered. I will use this space as a place for me to keep track of my progress in my current game of life. I will track my performance in Crossfit (more on that later), any competitions I enter, any big events that I happen to attend, Ill probably brag about my family and how rich I am because of them.

To start off with, I have been doing Crossfit for 1 year now. If you dont know what Crossfit is then you need to get educated! http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/what-crossfit.html . This program, and Coach Glassman and all the Crossfit elites, and all of the Crossfit community is why I am where I am. I started Crossfit at 220 in a size 38 and not doing jack shit. Now, I am down to 183, have built a starter home gym complete with plyobox, bumper plates, pullups bar (strong enough for kipping) and gymnastics rings. I can bust out pullups like noones business, I have run two 10k's in the last 2 months, I can deadlift 1-1/2 times my weight, squat 220 (measly I know, but seeing as I sarted out at barely 150 this is huge for me!), I am entering a weightlifting / run competition next week and Ive only just begun!

I work out with two of my best friends who happened to be married to each other edit: man and woman. We are trying to convince my wife to get into but she is pretty content right now with running and not getting "all hardcore" with us quite yet. Give it time though, she will come around eventually.

Ok, thats enough for now. I will update this with info about the Police concert I went to, the Mudrun that I ran, the Little League that I became president of, and my new love... Eric Clapton Edition Stratocaster!

1 comment:

Cruz Control said...

Make sure you mention your best friends are not two guys.