Sunday, May 24, 2009

Helping Out the Neighbors (Real World Application of CrossFit Part 2)

Today, while helping a neighbor move some heavy furniture and a piano, I really got to see how training the deadlift has immense practical and real life applications. The deadlift is such a basic and prolific technique that I am surprised that so few people know how to do it correctly. From lifting a child up from the ground, to picking up the groceries to helping a neighbor move his piano, the deadlift is a daily staple in everyones life.

For me personally I have found that many of my back problems have disappeared due in large part to training the deadlift. From my grip, to my vertical leap, to my posture, the positive results of frequent deadlift training are apparent wherever I look. Following is a link to a CrossFit Journal article by Coach Greg Glassman about the deadlift and how it is such an important exersize for people of ALL ages to learn.
http://www.crossfit.com/journal/library/12_03_Deadlift.pdf

No comments: