Friday, May 22, 2009

Hot For Teacher Library WOD (Real world application of CrossFit part 1)

My wife is a librarian and on Friday she needed a hand in moving a bunch of text books from one location to another. Now, when I say "a bunch" I really mean, in all likelyhood over 2000 pounds worth of boxes stuffed with science text books. So, I did what any decent CrossFitter crazy enough to dream would do. I created a WOD out of the task! Soon after eyeballing the stack of boxes in the storage closet I yelled out 3-2-1 GO! and I was doing weighted relay sprints! It was a lot of fun, but I would have rather have done it in compression / board shorts rather than a collared shirt and jeans. I even had my kids get in on the action. I loaded up a few carts with a few hundred pounds of books and had them push it down the hall.

Next up, part 2 in the series, Max 1 rep effort of piano moving!

No comments: